Table of Contents
There are lots of factors to consider when choosing a pressure washer for your home. Most homeowners go for a medium-duty electric pressure washer, as this type of model is perfect for residential purposes.
One such model is the Sun Joe SPX3000. Sun Joe is currently the most popular pressure washer on Amazon, with thousands of 5-star ratings. It’s a compact, stylish pressure washer that’s easy and convenient to use.
But is it worth the hype?
Let’s take an in-depth look into the Sun Joe SPX3000 in this comprehensive review.
A Quick Overview Of The Sun Joe SPX3000
The Sun Joe SPX3000 – Check Price Here
The Sun Joe SPX3000 exemplifies a good medium-duty electric pressure washer with most of its qualities.
It delivers two different PSI (pressure per square inch) levels – either 2030 PSI or 1450 PSI, depending on what you need to clean. It also has a nice water flow rate of 1.76 GPM (gallons per minute) which allows for effective cleaning without driving your water consumption through the roof.
The pressure washer also has a nice, compact, and mobile design that’s easy to carry around. It still offers good durability too so, barring any accidents, it should outlive its 2-year warranty by a long while.
Fairly quiet and accompanied by a variety of accessories, the Sun Joe SPX3000 is an overall great choice for the average household.
Being capped at 2030 PSI does mean that it can’t handle tougher cleaning jobs, however, but it also means that it can safely clean softer more fragile surfaces without damaging them.
Sun Joe SPX3000 – The Positives
With the brief overview out of the way, let’s delve a bit deeper into the pros and cons of this pressure washer.
- Quality Construction – The body, hose, and attachments of the SPX3000 are all made out of quality materials, ensuring durability and performance.
- Versatile Capacity – With 1459 and 2030 PSI of pressure, the SPX3000 fits squarely in the “medium-duty” category. This means that it’s perfect for lighter cleaning jobs around the house such as cleaning outdoor furniture, fences, cars and bikes, grills, to name a few. It can also deal with patios, decks, and driveways if they aren’t too big or if there are no oil stains.
- Wide Accessories Choice – The SPX3000 comes with 6 different nozzles instead of the normal 4 most electric household pressure washer come with – a powerful 0-degree nozzle, two mid-pressure 15-degree nozzles, a milder 25-degree nozzle, a soft 40-degree nozzle, and a soap nozzle. Additionally, all 6 of them are very easy to securely attach to the high-pressure hose thanks to their quick-connect mechanism.
- Lightweight Design – Both the pressure washer and its wand are very lightweight, making them very easy to handle and move around. This makes it ideal for jobs around the house which requires mobility.
- Wheels – For extra mobility, the SPX3000 also has two very mobile and big wheels. These make moving the pressure washer even easier, even over grass, dirt, and other soft or smooth surfaces.
- Dual Detergent Tanks – The SPX3000 also has two cleaning tanks instead of the usual single tank most pressure washers have. This means that you can have two detergents in the two separate tanks. This gives you the choice of using them separately or mixing them on the go thanks to the adjusting dial of the pressure washer.
- Safety Feature – The power cord has a GFCI or a ground fault circuit interrupter for extra safety during use. This prevents any accidents related to the electric supply from occurring.
- Quiet Operation – As any great electric motor pressure washer, the SPX3000 is fairly quiet. Not only quieter than gas engine pressure washers but than many electric motor ones as well, this model is great if you don’t want to annoy the neighbors too much. Of course, note that when we say “quiet” we mean “quiet for a pressure washer” – it will still make a fair bit of noise.
- Great Value – It comes at an affordable price. Whatever cons the SPX3000 may have, it’s low price makes it a great value product. There are better pressure washers out there but few if any sit at this model’s price tag.
Sun Joe SPX3000 – The Negatives
That’s quite a lot of pros – what are some of the negatives that you should look out for with this model?
- Difficult Assembly – The SPX3000 comes only partially assembled so you’ll have to assemble it yourself. The instructions are clear and well-written and it should take you only 15-30 minutes but it’s still something to keep in mind. Some customers complain of this fact, but we didn’t find it to be all that difficult.
- Short Wand – The handle and the wand extend only 30 inches so you might have to bend over when pressure-washing a driveway or something else low on the ground.
- Storing the Hose – The pressure washer offers a secure way to store the wand but there’s no dedicated place for the hose. This makes storing the washer a bit awkward. Moving it around can be annoying too given that the hose is 20 feet long. The same applies to the 35-foot long electrical cord which, while it can be hanged on the pressure washer, it doesn’t sit too well on it.
- Short Warranty – The 2-year warranty is fairly short for a pressure washer. It’s not abnormal for this price range but you’d still prefer 3-year or 5-year warranties on a pressure washer.
- Deceptive Name – This may be reaching a bit, but some customers get deceived by the name, believing that SPX3000 means that the model can reach 3000 PSI. This isn’t the fault of the Sun Joe itself, however, but it’s worth noting that if you’re looking for an extra heavy-duty model, this isn’t for you.
What Should You Use The Sun Joe SPX3000 For?
As with any other pressure washer in the 1,500-2,000 PSI & 1.5-2 GPM range, the SPX3000 is great for a variety of cleaning functions. This means anything from wooden outdoor furniture, patios, decks, and fences, to cars, grills, bikes, and other painted vehicles.
You can also pressure wash the outside walls of your home or your driveway but keep in mind that the medium pressure of this washer will take quite some time to get the job done. Plus, you may need to bend over a little too much while cleaning a driveway in order to increase the effective pressure of the water jets.
Oil or greasy stains are also outside of this model’s capabilities given that it’s a cold water pressure washer. If you have to clean greasy equipment or remove large oil stains, consider opting for a hot water pressure washer.
The Bottom Line
With all that said, is the Sun Joe worth the hype? We believe so. It’s an excellent pressure washer for beginner users as well as pros.
A great, flexible, lightweight, affordable, and quiet pressure washer for most households, the SPX3000 will make most cleaning tasks much easier and faster.
It’s not the be-all and end-all of pressure washers but at such a low price it doesn’t need to be. It’s easy and convenient to use, hence its tremendous popularity.